Diagnostic (X-Ray) Technologist-Full Time Weekends
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Weekends (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2638
Job Department: 2004302 MWH-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Jul 14, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine radiographic procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The Diagnostic Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. Additionally, the Diagnostic Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Saturday and Sunday 0500-1730
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for radiology examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely, accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs radiology examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Radiologic Technology Clinical Associates Level I.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of diagnostic imaging services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction.
- Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the Radiology cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Maintains competency in the use of iSite PACs, syngo, Soarian, and other information and image management systems.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for the Diagnostic Section utilizing the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement and incorporates LEAN methodology.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet the age specific needs of the patient groups identified below under Qualifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ARRT registered or registry-eligible in Radiologic Technology. (If registry-eligible at time of hire, must pass Registry examination within one year of hire date.)
- Completion of accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
- VA State Radiologic Technologist License is required for all outpatient facilities.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Three years relevant experience preferred.
Additional Responsibilities for Radiography Clinical Instructor:
- Possesses knowledge of program goals, clinical objectives and clinical evaluation system.
- Provides students with clinical instruction and competency evaluation when needed for successful program completion.
- Provides constructive and objective feedback to students.
- Maintains clinical records and assists Clinical Coordinator and Program Director in development of such records.
- Maintains competency in the professional discipline and in instructional and evaluative techniques through continuing professional development.
- Assists Clinical Coordinator with daily assignments/activities/placement
- Is a liaison between the school and the technologists, the physicians and medical staff.
- Attends the clinical instructor meetings when held.
- May be requested to instruct some academic classes.
- Remains proficient in counseling, instruction, and evaluation;
- Three years of experience in the professional discipline.
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification and active registration in the pertinent discipline.
- Maintains expertise in the field through continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of radiographic procedures and exposure manipulation.
- Demonstrates a sincere desire to work with students and to assist them in achieving their goals and objectives.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.