Ultrasound Supervisor-Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2554
Job Department: 4054312 MIF-Women's Imaging
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position efficiently and effectively manages the daily processes of the Ultrasound Section and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. The Ultrasound Supervisor assists Radiology managers and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the Ultrasound Supervisor supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs leadership functions that support the goals of Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital and the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington Healthcare.
- Supervisor is required to allocate time between MWH and SH Ultrasound departments as directed.
- Oversees operations and manages section’s resources to assure efficient and effective performance of services provided.
- Assures that the MWH/SH Ultrasound department maintains compliance with ACR, ICAVL, and other regulatory bodies as applicable. Assumes responsibility for successful accreditation and re-accreditation submissions.
- Assists Radiology management in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the section being managed.
- Oversees scheduling and imaging of patients to ensure smooth daily operations and quality services.
- Demonstrates clinical competency on an annual basis as evidenced by completion of a Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in Ultrasound.
- Performs ultrasound procedures and provides direct patient care as needed.
- Maintains competency in the use of iSite PACs, syngo, Soarian, and other information and image management systems.
- Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the Ultrasound staff to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Conducts staff meetings at least monthly to communicate information, discuss safety/quality issues, and monitor continued understanding and compliance with MWH/SH and departmental policies.
- Develops and empowers section’s Associates to the benefit of the Associate and the department.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the Ultrasound cross-training program.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
- Initiates performance improvement activities for Ultrasound utilizing a FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement and incorporates LEAN methodology.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers, and customers.
- Establishes effective work relationships and maintains effective communications with all customers.
- Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
- With the Physician Director for Ultrasound, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools.
- Participates in Ultrasound and Radiology Administrator on call responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet the age specific needs of the patient groups identified below under Qualifications.
- Remain proficient in the use of NOVIUS, RMS, PACS, PenRad and other Radiology or Information Management Systems as needed.
- With the physician Director of Ultrasound and Physician Director for Women's Imaging, conduct subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies and operation tools.
- Other duties as assigned
- ARDMS registered in Ultrasonography required
- Registry in Breast Ultrasound preferred.
- Registry in abdomen/Small parks, OB/GYN, Vascular, and Neurosonography preferred
- Three years relevant experience; three years breast ultrasound experience preferred.
- One to two years supervisory experience required
- One year pediatric ultrasound experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine