Transition RN (Work a minimum of 4 hours/wk between hours of 11 am -11 pm)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4199
Job Department: 2001025 MWH-Staffing Office
Job Posted Date: Jul 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.NEXT COHORT STARTS SEPTEMBER 27TH (This opportunity is perfect for retirees, stay at home parents or those looking to keep their clinical skills up while in between) No patient assignments, but assisting with Admissions and Discharges.
This position is accountable for assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients to assist with the Admission, Transfer, and Discharge process. All duties and responsibilities will be in partnership with the primary nurse.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs nursing assessments and provides for the physical, mental, and social wellbeing of the patient and their families utilizing nursing process.
- Initiates and updates the plan of care and coordinates services as identified on admission and transfer.
- Completes all the required documentation associated with admission, transfer, or discharge in the EMR accurately and timely.
- Provides a report on admission/transfer patient to assigned nurse using SBAR communication and the RN Hand-off communication tool after admission/transfer completed.
- Escalates patient/family questions/concerns to appropriate unit leadership providing complete and accurate information.
- Implements discharge process with patients as directed by inpatient unit Charge Nurse. Performs vital signs and removes any existing IV lines, IUCs, and other tubes/drains as directed and documents in EMR. Completes all discharge documentation and discharge education and provides patient with the After Visit Summary after review completed.
- Works with unit staff and physicians to assure collaboration and that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and discussed with patient or patient’s designee prior to discharge. Performs SMAARTE discharge with MD as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate and thorough teaching to patients and their caregivers during the admission, transfer, or discharge process.
- Performs other duties to assist with patient care, teaching and data collection, and other quality improvement activities.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- One year of acute care nursing experience required.
- BSN preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.