Therapist, Ryan White
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5146
Job Department: 4006951 Ryan White Grant(s)
Job Posted Date: Sep 01, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for providing clinical patient care services in a professional, timely, and effective manner to ensure compliance with hospital, regulatory, government, and program goals and requirements. The incumbent will consistently support the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington Healthcare as well as demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients, physicians, fellow Associates, and the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assesses each patient, identifying treatment issues, needs, resources and care goals.
- Completes or insures completion of field specific assessment for each patient.
- Coordinates with patients and an interdisciplinary team to develop, implement, monitor, and update treatment plans.
- Conducts individual, family, and group processes according to program guidelines.
- Takes an active role in the interdisciplinary treatment process.
- Maintains contact with outpatient providers, referral sources, and patient’s families as appropriate.
- Initiates and coordinates discharge plans for each patient.
- Documents case management and therapeutic services according to department standards.
- Participates in Performance Improvement by ensuring completion of patient satisfaction surveys, as needed.
- Under direction of supervisor or manager or attending physician, assists in evaluation of needs and implementation of processes for effective program improvement and development.
- Utilizes program supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Acts as a resource for patients, families, and staff in regards to various treatment matters.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians, nurses, therapists, case managers, counselors, and personnel of other departments.
- Meets the physical qualifications for the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or related behavioral health field required.
- LCSW, LPC, LFMT or license in clinical psychology required.
- Previous inpatient/outpatient mental health/substance abuse experience required.
- CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider) required.
- The Therapist will be required to participate in State and Federal Ryan White program training.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine