Therapist (LCSW, LPC, CSAC)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-69
Job Department: 2003000 MWH-Psychiatric Svcs Admin
Job Posted Date: Oct 09, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for providing clinical patient care services in a professional, timely, and effective manner to ensure compliance with hospital, regulatory, government, and program goals and requirements. The incumbent will consistently support the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington Healthcare as well as demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients, physicians, fellow Associates, and the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assesses each patient, identifying treatment issues, needs, resources and care goals.
- Completes or insures completion of field specific assessment for each patient.
- Coordinates with patients and an interdisciplinary team to develop, implement, monitor, and update treatment plans.
- Conducts individual, family, and group processes according to program guidelines.
- Takes an active role in the interdisciplinary treatment process.
- Maintains contact with outpatient providers, referral sources, and patient’s families as appropriate. Initiates and coordinates discharge plans for each patient.
- Documents case management and therapeutic services according to department standards.
- Participates in Performance Improvement by ensuring completion of patient satisfaction surveys, as needed. Under direction of supervisor or manager or attending physician, assists in evaluation of needs and implementation of processes for effective program improvement and development.
- Utilizes program supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Acts as a resource for patients, families, and staff in regards to various treatment matters.
- Promotes teamwork with physicians, nurses, therapists, case managers, counselors, and personnel of other departments.
- Meets the physical qualifications for the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related behavioral health field required.
LCSW, LPC, CSAC or license in clinical psychology required. License must be valid in Virginia.
- Previous inpatient/outpatient mental health/substance abuse experience required.
- CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider) required.
- CPI certification required within 90 days of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.