Temporary HR Assistant
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3584
Job Department: 1007351 MWHC-Human Resources
Job Posted Date: Jun 03, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant provides front-line customer service to Associates and guests, and provides clerical and administrative support to HR leadership. The incumbent in this position also provides support including word processing, coordinating special projects, and other various duties related to the effective operations of the Human Resources Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides customer support to internal and external customers of the HR department, which may include; reception, telephone, HR activities, etc.
- Responds to routine questions about human resources sponsored programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains HR Associate files to include filing, organizing, and the requesting/shipping of files to off-site storage vendor.
- Completes employment verification's from outside inquiries, to include requests from external investigation bodies.
- Assists with the monthly review of license, certification, and American Heart Association (AHA) requirements.
- Participates in the process of auditing Associate HR files to ensure they meet compliance standards.
- Processes and maintains various employment, informational, and confidential forms and records.
- Maintains process for tracking and collection of documents (i.e. VEC, employment verification's, diplomas for CAP, etc.)
- Assists in the processing of benefits enrollment for new Associates, as applicable.
- Assists with the research and processing of vendor payments, as applicable.
- Assists HR leadership with various assigned tasks, special projects, and HR sponsored activities.
- Maintains filing and performs other clerical duties, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of administrative experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications in a network setting required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex projects in a fast-paced environment required.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems preferred.
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.