Telephone Triage Nurse
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Evening Shift (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4466
Job Department: 1007305 MWHC-Health Link
Job Posted Date: Aug 24, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is a Registered Nurse responsible for triaging callers by assessing their needs and facilitating appropriate clinical options as well as providing information to the primary physicians, specialists, community services and health care facilities. The Registered Nurse will educate the caller on immediate healthcare needs and preventive management.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone calls concerning caller needs in order to provide quality service to the caller.
- Conducts sound nursing assessments and offers alternative to callers within the parameters of the established guidelines.
- Refers inquiries to appropriate resources giving complete and accurate information.
- Documents all inquiries at the time of the call for medical, legal and statistical purposes.
- Maintains a sense of ownership and accountability to the program.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times with caller interactions.
- Provides a "call-back" telephone call within 24 hours for all emergent and clinical judgments to determine compliance with recommendations.
- Participates in quality improvements activities.
- Participates in community education activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in acute care with excellent clinical skills.
- Basic phone interview and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of community services, physicians and health systems.
- Basic keyboard and computer skills with working knowledge of Windows 95.
- Pleasant, positive telephone voice.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a confined space.
- Pursuit of continuing education.
- Positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine