Telecommunications Operator - PT - Morning/Evening
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3555
Job Department: 1007305 MWHC-Health Link
Job Posted Date: Jun 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to operate the Intellidesk computer system and the MWHC telephone system to facilitate the MedCall Paging and Answering Service in a 24/7 call center environment. Answer all incoming and outgoing telephone calls for the Mary Washington Healthcare organization. This position must be capable of operating paging systems and to monitor our Emergency Code Alarm systems. The position must demonstrate a commitment of providing detailed and excellent quality of service to our physicians, associates, patients and our community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receive and relay, in a prompt and courteous manner, main directory calls; provide desired information and assistance; transfer or page as directed, assist in setting up conference calls, VA relay, language interpreters, and special long distance calls to facilitate the telephone communication system.
- Provide a Physician’s service line, Message Center for the staff of MWHC and it’s various departments, and a cost effective private Answering Service to numerous contracted clients.
- Utilize the Intellidesk computer system to enter and retrieve requested information and contact the appropriate person through their individual customized message delivery instructions.
- Monitor physicians and on-call staff availability.
- Responsible for detailed on-call schedules and daily changes for the various physician practices and numerous hospital departments.
- Maintain direct contact with all elevators, and system notifications to alert security and engineering when indicated.
- Work closely with Security to forward pagers, and Information Services to notify of computer, phone, or paging issues and performs the testing of indicated pagers twice daily to help monitor paging systems.
- Maintain patient phones for DND’s or turning phones on and off daily, as well as performing overhead announcements for visiting hours, chapel services, system outages, and staff requests as indicated.
- Maintain a current list for all physicians affiliated with MWH.
- Work closely with Health Link nurse consultants to exchange information regarding physician office hour changes or closures.
- Provide support to Snowden’s PBX by directing calls and contacting mental health for patients and other facilities in Virginia.
- Implement emergency procedures for all codes, bomb threats and disasters by utilizing the Intellidesk software and computer systems to activate individual teams to respond, as well as notifying administration and public relations as indicated.
- Relate information to the Nursing Supervisor regarding system issues, hospital issues and patient complaints after-hours as indicated.
- Responsible for implementing communication principles and demonstrate the ability to determine the callers needs through excellent customer service skills.
- High School diploma.
- Typing test – minimum of 35 words/minute.
- Ability to work multiple line telephone system and basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to communicate clearly, have clear pronunciation, good listener, pleasant speaking voice, and be able to be understood over the telephone.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills and works as a team player.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.