Technician, Pharmacy - Medical Arts
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5724
Job Department: 6004410 MSI-Medical Arts Pharmacy
Job Posted Date: Oct 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The pharmacy technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacists in all duties of a retail pharmacy, as well as supporting outside offices and facilities with any pharmaceutical needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists pharmacist in the entering of prescriptions in the computer; prepares and dispenses medication.
- Troubleshoots insurance verification issues.
- Orders pharmaceuticals and receive/stock drugs.
- Maintains licensure and certification for compliance with state regulations.
- Dispenses medications in accordance with written prescription orders and within federal and state regulations.
- Performs the duties of cashier as needed.
- Supports Mary Washington Healthcare entities such as FASC and Snowden with daily medications for inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy technician registration required.
- Previous work experience in a pharmacy setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Computer knowledge required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine