Technician I, Health Information
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6185
Job Department: 4906031 MWMG-Orthopedics
Job Posted Date: Nov 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, the Health Information Technician is responsible for prepping, scanning and indexing documents into the appropriate patient record.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares records for imaging by removing staples, taping torn pages and discarding interfaced documents.
- Scans and indexes the medicals record documents ensuring all documents are filed into correct patient, encounter and document type.
- Performs quality reviews on the scanned record to ensure all documents are scanned, have a clear image, and are assigned to the correct patient/visit.
- Assists with importing transcribed documents to ensure timely provider access for continuity of care.
- Verifies auto-assigned deficiencies for accuracy and edits the deficiencies as necessary.
- Picks up medical records from various department/units.
- Releases medical records as needed for continuity of care.
- Monitors the RightFax works queues to ensure all requests are filled timely.
- Indexes records timely from all RightFax work queues.
- Analyzes medical records for physician completion according to regulatory requirements and medical staff policies.
- Assists with manually importing transcribed documents in a timely manner.
- Supports Identity as needed for basic merging of duplicate medical record numbers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, required.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a similar position, preferred.
- Knowledge using MS Windows and Office applications required.
- Ability to prioritize and perform work in an organized, efficient and effective manner without direct supervision and direction required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine