Technician I, Biomedical
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1166
Job Department: 1008020 MWHC-Clinical Engineering
Job Posted Date: Nov 13, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Biomedical Equipment Technician I (BMET I) provides clinical equipment services under the supervision of BMET II and BMET III. Responsibilities include validation and inspection of clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. The BMET I performs planned maintenance inspections, calibrations, and repairs of general biomedical equipment. The BMET I assists other technicians in the troubleshooting and major repair of complex equipment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in performance assurance inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and operation verification procedures of general biomedical equipment.
- Assists in electrical safety tests on general biomedical equipment using specialized test equipment and instrumentation.
- Assists in the support of a systematic preventative maintenance program of biomedical equipment.
- Performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, service and calibration of a diverse range of therapeutic and diagnostic biomedical instrumentation.
- Assembles, repairs and maintains mechanical, electrical and basic electronic devices according to specifications.
- Provides general technical assistance and instruction to Mary Washington Healthcare personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Communicates and uses appropriate customer relation skills with physicians, patients, families, and Mary Washington Healthcare Associates in person and via phone.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation for medical equipment records.
- Installs, maintains, services, modifies, troubleshoots and calibrates a variety of diagnostic, therapeutic and life support devices by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
- Meets all departmental performance indicator standards as established by Mary Washington Healthcare for regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements a plan for professional growth.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment
- Technology preferred. 6 months experience in electronic, mechanical or electromechanical repair or equivalent required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.