City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3614
Job Department: 2008010 MWH-Engineering Services
Job Posted Date: Jun 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to maintain and repair all hospital heating, ventilating, air conditioning and related equipment in assuring efficient and safe operating condition.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and tests on HVAC and related equipment to determine operating condition and need for repair.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs and replacements.
- Determine cause of HVAC equipment malfunctions and make corrective repairs, replacements and installations to restore efficient operating condition.
- Prepare preventive maintenance reports and complete work order sheets to provide HVAC equipment maintenance history.
- Maintains the Building Automation system.
- Maintains and repairs a verity of commercial HVAC equipment to include but not limited to centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, cooling towers, pumps, and large air handling units.
- Determine problems with systems to include electronic and pneumatic controls, as well as a variety of commercial refrigeration units.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for equipment and parts to facilitate repairs and replacements; recommend equipment and spare parts purchases.
- Respond to in-house service calls throughout the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of four-year apprenticeship program with HVAC emphasis, required
- Minimum three years experience in the Commercial HVAC field.
- Type I and II CFC certification required
- Universal Certification is preferred.
- Acceptable driving record, a valid driver’s license, and meet criteria for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Driver Suitability, preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.