City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3614
Job Department: 2008010 MWH-Engineering Services
Job Posted Date: Jun 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to maintain and repair all hospital heating, ventilating, air conditioning and related equipment in assuring efficient and safe operating condition.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and tests on HVAC and related equipment to determine operating condition and need for repair.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs and replacements.
- Determine cause of HVAC equipment malfunctions and make corrective repairs, replacements and installations to restore efficient operating condition.
- Prepare preventive maintenance reports and complete work order sheets to provide HVAC equipment maintenance history.
- Maintains the Building Automation system.
- Maintains and repairs a verity of commercial HVAC equipment to include but not limited to centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, cooling towers, pumps, and large air handling units.
- Determine problems with systems to include electronic and pneumatic controls, as well as a variety of commercial refrigeration units.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for equipment and parts to facilitate repairs and replacements; recommend equipment and spare parts purchases.
- Respond to in-house service calls throughout the hospital.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of four-year apprenticeship program with HVAC emphasis, required
- Minimum three years experience in the Commercial HVAC field.
- Type I and II CFC certification required
- Universal Certification is preferred.
- Acceptable driving record, a valid driver’s license, and meet criteria for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Driver Suitability, preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine