Technical Operations Specialist
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-261
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Technical Operations Specialist supports day-to-day operations of all task requests, audiovisual projects, clinical projects, and acquisition projects coordinated by manager and supervisor. Determines and implements the standard deployment procedures. Performs installation and configuration tasks for all internal and external computing equipment. Maintains inventory tracking of equipment. Monitors ticket queues and ensures tasks and requests are completed in a timely manner. Works with the server, network team, and other areas of IS to resolve high-level problems. Performs system administration and basic networking tasks, and carries out intermediate troubleshooting, analysis, and maintenance on MWHC IT equipment at multiple locations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives, monitors, resolves, and closes end-user support requests using standard practices and procedures. Ensures requests are documented, assigned, and that work is in progress.
- Performs analysis of IT needs at customer's locations and identifys technology solutions based on analysis of customers' needs. Documents work performed and other technical requirements.
- Determines and implement the standard deployment procedures. Performs installation and configuration tasks for all internal and external computing equipment.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and thoroughly resolves technical and workflow issues.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization
- Deploys all IT equipment; including the configuration of hardware and operating systems; as well as installation of standard and custom applications. Ensures proper licensing is in place for all software installed. Documents resolution of requests in the ticketing system.
- Follows inventory tracking/accounting standard operating procedures (SOP). Documents distribute, and tracks equipment manages hardware inventory using asset management tool Responsible for a loaner and/or spare equipment pools and inventory.
- Responsible for verifying and tracking warranty/maintenance agreement expiration
- Participates as a team member with management, other team members, and end-users on projects; executes project tasks according to manager and supervisor directives, plans, and schedule. Provide project updates to the Technical Operations Supervisor.
- Participates in system upgrades and implementations by monitoring support systems, testing functionality and interfaces, collaborating with partners to identity and document processes, and proactively mitigating issues.
- Leverages system functionality to improve business processes and to update and change knowledge base articles to improve troubleshooting guides and FAQs for MWHC.
- Deploys and maintains all computing equipment and creates system images.
- Gains knowledge of interfaces and troubleshoots and resolves interface issues.
- Performs system administration, networking, or IS Security tasks.
- Flexibility to provide 24×7 project support outside of normal business hours is required.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree Preferred.
- Software and hardware deployment experience required
- Proven customer support experience, required.
- Relevant industry certifications preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record, and a valid Virginia State Driver's License.
- Must have reliable vehicle – Travel Required to various MWHC facilities
- Experience in the use of various desktop, mobile operating systems and productivity software required.
- Working knowledge of using remote control tools for assisting users, troubleshooting, and resolving problems required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.