Team Lead (Specialty), Respiratory Care, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5434
Job Department: 2004550 MWH-Respiratory Therapy
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Working under the Manager/Director, the Team Lead Respiratory Care is an advanced standing licensed respiratory care practitioner who functions as a front line member of the respiratory team, and ensures that staff perform accurate respiratory assessments and perform proper diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients with cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
The TL coordinates teamwork for optimal care across all patient populations, collaborates with the department management to oversee flexing staffing to volumes across the respiratory work teams, and functions as a leadership resource to other departments in the absence of management.
The TL is expected to have a higher knowledge, skill, and ability level than the majority of the clinical staff (RRT) and to routinely perform at that level. The TL ensures that the patient care meets departmental and organizational standards for Respiratory Care Services. The TL resolves problems and strives to continuously improve the quality of patient care. The TL will assist the Department Manager/Director in managing the overall operations of the Respiratory Care Department as well as provide support to the clinical staff. The TL serves as a professional role model, leader and mentor to members of the healthcare team. The position must demonstrate a commitment to quality service for our patients , the public, and our co-workers and be able to make immediate decisions with minimal supervision.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the shift-to-shift assignment of work and resources including allocation of staff, equipment, assignments, and scheduling in collaboration with manager.
- Ensures that clinical staff deliver timely and appropriate care including; respiratory assessments, therapeutic and diagnostic interventions, with quality standards established by the organization and Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Motivates and inspires the staff though an environment of trust, cohesive team effort, and Always icare standards.
- Coaches and assists with developing staff, assists with behavioral issues, facilitates problem solving, collaboration, and resolution of technical staff issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- Serves as a role model by continually adhering to behavioral and professional standards and holding staff accountable to the same expectations/standards; empowers Associates to make decisions relevant to their daily work responsibilities.
- Collaborates with department management and staff to identify equipment needs, coordinates product evaluations, and implementation of new processes, equipment, and products.
- Works collaboratively with the Department Manager to manage the daily operations of the shift and provides consistent objective feedback.
- Utilizes measurable outcomes and benchmarks to ensure operational efficiency, service quality/accuracy, reporting timeliness, and cost effective resource utilization.
- Evaluates and intervenes when encountering issues and works toward conflict resolution; to include customer service and quality issues as per department and organizational policy standards.
- Maintains professional competency and educational growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in good standing within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT) credential as provided by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required at hire
- Team Leads with a specialty scope are exempt from the ACLS requirement
- NRP (neonatal resuscitation program) (required within first 6 months of employment)
- Team Leads with a specialty scope are exempt from the NRP requirement
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in supervision or in a position that has demonstrated increasing responsibilities in project or team management.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine