Team Lead, Monitor Technician
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-757
Job Department: 2004059 MWH-Telemetry
Job Posted Date: Oct 20, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
To observe, document, and communicate cardiac rhythms at the telemetry station under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac rhythms.
- Documents rhythm strips according to Care Center policy.
- Maintains communication with appropriate nurse regarding telemetry concerns.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment by assuming responsibility for organizing and coordinating the telemetry station.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Contributes to the continuous quality improvement process.
- Oversees and assigns work to Associates; oversees daily operations of the shift.
- Facilitates the resolution of customer service and quality issues, and technical or staff problems; works towards developing resolutions.
- Provides feedback to Director regarding work and team member performance; evaluates services provided by Associates.
- Implements new processes to improve delivery of services.
- Utilizes measurable outcomes and benchmarks to ensure operational efficiency, service quality/accuracy, reporting timeliness, and cost effective resource utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia Course required within 90 days of hire.
Additional Qualifications for Team Lead:
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience with cardiac telemetry required.
- Previous experience in supervision or in a position that has demonstrated increasing responsibilities in project or team management required.
- Associates degree preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.