City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3822
Job Department: 6008160 MSI-Kids Station
Job Posted Date: Jun 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Teacher works with Teaching Assistants to Establish and maintain in nurturing environment for the children and support the stated philosophy of Kids’ Station. The Teacher also recognizes and provides for the physical, cognitive, emotional, social and recreational needs of the children registered at Kids’ Station.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Organizing and implementing activities and learning environments to accommodate the developmental needs of children and support the stated philosophy of the Kids' Station.
- Meeting the physiological, emotional and cognitive needs of the children on a timely basis.
- Writing and implementing educational plans which recognize the individual needs of each child.
- Observing and recording the developmental progress and other significant behaviors of children on daily charts.
- Completing required records and worksheets efficiently and within specified deadlines, including medical forms, accident reports and attendance sheets.
- Participating in staff meetings and parental conferences.
- Participating in activities, workshops and conferences which upgrade skills.
- Adhering to all Associate policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with infants and or children in a child care setting.
- Physical Stamina must support sustained bending, lifting, and activities associated with child developmental activities.
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Current CPR certification required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.