Systems Engineer-Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5225
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Oct 19, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Systems Engineer (SE) will work closely with Network, Architecture and Clinical Business teams to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware. The SE performs advanced troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of all enterprise infrastructure systems.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance on standard client and infrastructure hardware/software at multiple locations. Documents system configuration and changes
- Strong administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and development knowledge of various enterprise VMware products
- Develops and documents complex software delivery packages based on analysis of system or customer specifications and coordinates deployment
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains servers based on vendor specifications and MWHC standards
- Primary resource for server administration, troubleshooting and patch management
- Administers, configures, and manages enterprise backup solution
- Responsible for Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage management, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Responsible for setup, configuration and administration of VPN and remote access
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains distributed devices and applications, obtaining customer acceptance at time of deployment.
- Implementation, administration, and optimization of various enterprise technologies including but not limited to Microsoft 365, Active Directory/GPO, CA, SQL, SCCM, VMware, Citrix, NAS, SAN and Cloud solutions
- Identifies problems and leads resolution teams. Documents resolution in ticket management system. Engages customer throughout the support process.
- Executes system upgrades and implementations based on analysis of user and system needs.
- Participates on project teams, identifying and completing tasks, ensuring completion. Escalates issues appropriately
- Engineers, tests, implements, and integrates new and complex enterprise level infrastructure hardware equipment and software systems
- Documents system configuration and changes following established guidelines
- Serves as technical resource for systems troubleshooting and education.
- Stays up to date with emerging technologies and maintains knowledge of supported systems.
- Participates in 24×7 rotational on-call.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, required.
- Experience with building out and documenting complex hardware and software systems, required
- Working technical knowledge of Windows networking and PC operating systems including: Windows Server and/or *nix operating systems, required
- Knowledge of SSL-VPN and other remote access technologies, required
- Understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, Domain Name Service (DNS) and Dynamic Host Communication Protocol (DHCP), required
- Knowledge of technical requirements and support of PCs, desktop devices and mobile devices peripherals, required.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in datacenter environments, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere and vRealize suite highly desired
- Experience with Azure, AWS, and/or other cloud technologies highly desired
- Knowledge of implementation, administration, troubleshooting, management, and support of VMware suite of products preferred
- Knowledge of storage performance, data replication, SAN based backup, load balancing and storage virtualization methods preferred
- Proficiency in scripting languages preferred
- Microsoft Associate level certification preferred
- VMware VCP, CompTIA Cloud +, DECA or other storage related certification preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine