System Administrator-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4107
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Jul 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Systems Administrator in the Advanced Technical Assistance Center (ATAC) performs escalated, mid-tier user support tasks for MWHC enterprise technology environments. The Systems Administrator, ATAC maintains, services, and deploys user and enterprise equipment, performs complex system, network, telecommunications, security, application administration, and routine database administration tasks. The Systems Administrator, ATAC monitors technology infrastructure and application performance and carries out intermediate to advanced troubleshooting. The Systems Administrator, ATAC analyzes and performs maintenance throughout the MWHC technical environment which includes, but is not limited to, desktops, applications, printers, network components, and servers at all MWHC locations. The Systems Administrator, ATAC monitors ticket and task queues and ensures issues are resolved and tasks are completed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Performs systems administration tasks for computing management systems including desktop, software and patch management systems, imaging systems, and infrastructure backup systems. May serve as the primary administrator and expert for one or more of these systems.
Performs advanced troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance on standard client and server hardware/software at multiple locations. Documents system configuration and changes.
Assists with design, implementation, administration, and optimization of various enterprise technologies including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, Exchange, SCCM, VMware, and Citrix.
Provides support through monitoring and direct observation to proactively maintain equipment.
Performs routine and complex user support tasks with Windows OS systems, Apple, Android, and Chrome systems.
Creates, Reads, Updates, and Deletes (CRUD) user profiles and manages access to information systems and devices.
Responds to system audit requests and investigations initiated by Regulatory, Internal Audit, and Executive Leadership.
Resolves incidents and documents resolutions in ticket management system, escalating as appropriate.
Performs analysis of system details and technical issues associated with user and security management within all systems and applications, including Epic.
Assists with Epic upgrades and other maintenance activities of post-live Epic environment.
Manages the knowledge base information stored in the service desk tracking system. Develops and publishes knowledge base articles. Performs basic user training for some services.
Participates as a team member with management, other team members, and end-users on projects. Manages small projects and sub-elements of larger projects.
Serves as point of escalation for Incident Management (IM), Technical Operations, and Senior Technical Operations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field, preferred.
- Preferred certifications (any or combination of): MCP, CCNA, NET+, SEC+, VCA, EPIC NVT, application specific administrative certification.
- Experience using remote control tools for assisting users, troubleshooting, and resolving problems required.
- Software and hardware deployment experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of technical requirements and support of PCs, desktop devices, and mobile devices peripherals required.
- Experience with designing, implementing and supporting robust and complex MDM initiatives.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and other scripting languages
- Experience with Web design and SharePoint Design and Development
- Basic understanding of server operating systems and Active Directory required.
- Experience translating clinical and business workflow to IT requirements required.
- Experience in Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), perimeter and telecommunications technologies preferred.
- Experience with desktop and mobile operating system and productivity software required.
- Windows and/or strong Mac OSX configuration skills required.
- Working technical knowledge of Windows networking and PC operating systems: Including but not limited to: Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Mac OS, and current technologies.
- Understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, Domain Name Service (DNS) and Dynamic Host Communication Protocol (DHCP) desired.
- Ability to apply industry framework including HIPPA Security and Privacy rule requirements.
- Experience in the use of desktop and mobile operating system and productivity software.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.