City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4927
Job Department: 2004420 MWH-Anticoagulation Clinic
Job Posted Date: Aug 31, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers. In Anticoagulation Clinic (ACC), this position is accountable for providing registration support, scheduling patients, and clerical support for the clinic. Also, supports the Pharmacists in the provision of outpatient anti-coagulation patients. In Outpatient Infusion, this position is accountable for providing registration support and CNA support to include scheduling for Outpatient Infusion patients, clinical support for nursing, and clerical support for the clinic Director. In Heart and Lung Center, this position is accountable for providing registration support to include scheduling for Heart and Lung Center patients, clerical support for professional staff, and clerical support for the clinic Director.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Pharmacist/nursing staff in duties necessary to provide to ACC outpatients/Outpatient Infusion/Heart and Lung Center patients.
- Serves as a liaison among patient, other departments, physician office and hospital to ensure all necessary approvals for services rendered and received are documented appropriately.
- Enters all documentation in medical records system via the registration process and insurance verification screen and/or the Communication sheet to ensure correct billings and efficient follow-up with patients/guarantors and third party payers.
- Obtains patient/guarantor signatures on all appropriate forms and directs them appropriately.
- Greets customers promptly and courteously, provides patient teaching materials and responds to questions and concerns throughout the provision of anti-coagulation/Outpatient Infusion /Heart and Lung Services.
- Assists in monitoring service quality and manage information to use in marketing clinic services.
- Collates registration and clinical documents, prepares for processing, and files if appropriate.
- Manage daily clinic workflow to checking patients in and out, obtaining appropriate signatures on registration and ACC/Outpatient Infusion/Heart and Lung documents, scanning appropriate documents into Media Manager
- Scheduling patient appointments in accordance with Pharmacists recommendations, answering incoming calls, and sorting incoming mail, use in-basket message system in medical records system to relay patient specific information.
- Completing and tracking patient referrals. In ACC, referrals are done every 12 months for every patient.
- Outpatient Infusion and Heart and Lung Center as required by insurance.
- Inputting and reconciling daily charges in medical records system.
- Manage medical records system work ques clean-up of missing or incomplete data.
- Ordering and tracking office and clinical supplies and forms.
- Tracking and monitoring departmental statistics.
- Discharges: Obtain discharge authorization from physicians for patients whose therapy is complete, etc. Process discharge paperwork and update Soarian accordingly.
- ED and admit reporting:
- Printing ED and admit information from Soarian Clinical daily report and updating Pharmacists of patients that need contacting due to recent ED visit, medication changes, etc.
- Support Specialists that hold a CPhT
- Pull appropriate vaccines from storage and prepare for administration by the Pharmacist.
- Perform Medication Reconciliation under the guidance of a Clinical Pharmacist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- One year related experience in patient registration or patient accounts preferred.
- Education in healthcare or business may be substituted for experience.
- Must demonstrate typing speed of 35 wpm and be PC literate in Word and database management.
- Experience in third party insurance and insurance terminology helpful.
- Good communication skills essential.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine