Support Associate- Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5343
Job Department: 4604025 FASC-Surgical
Job Posted Date: Sep 14, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Support Associate provides patient transport and positioning assistance to Operating Room (OR) staff; as well as cleaning, stocking, and equipment preparation support.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares OR environment for surgical procedure:
- Moves equipment into ORs appropriate for procedure.
- Assists with pulling items for cases, as necessary.
- Stocks cabinets in OR rooms, as necessary.
- Restocks scrub sinks with required material (masks, shields, scrub supplies).
- Maintains/restocks O2 tanks in each OR, as necessary.
- Performs routine cleaning duties in the OR room to assure that rooms meet cleanliness and environmental standards:
- Cleans room between cases, removing trash, biohazards, linens and equipment.
- Cleans room at end of OR schedule.
- Cleans equipment as required.
- Provides assistance to patients and team:
- Assists with transfer of patient to OR bed, positioning and prep of the patient for procedures. Elevates limbs as required for certain preps.
- Assists in transport of patient through flow continuum.
- Runs errands and transports specimens.
- Maintains the upkeep of equipment room.
- Participates in facility-wide infection control plan and quality improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Current CPR certification required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine