Support Associate - Eve
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3240
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: May 03, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Support Associate provides patient transport and positioning assistance to Operating Room (OR) staff; as well as cleaning, stocking, and equipment preparation support.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares OR environment for surgical procedure:
- Moves equipment into ORs appropriate for procedure. Assists with pulling items for cases, as necessary.
- Stocks cabinets in OR rooms, as necessary.
- Restocks scrub sinks with required material (masks, shields, scrub supplies).
- Maintains/restocks O2 tanks in each OR, as necessary.
- Performs routine cleaning duties in the OR room to assure that rooms meet cleanliness and environmental standards
- Cleans room between cases, removing trash, biohazards, linens and equipment.
- Cleans room at end of OR schedule.
- Cleans equipment as required.
- Provides assistance to patients and team
- Assists with transfer of patient to OR bed, positioning and prep of the patient for procedures. Elevates limbs as required for certain preps.
- Assists in transport of patient through flow continuum.
- Runs errands and transports specimens.
- Maintains the upkeep of equipment room.
- Participates in facility-wide infection control plan and quality improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Current CPR certification required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.