Supply Chain Application & Data Analyst
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-640
Job Department: 1007050 MWHC-Supply Chain Admin
Job Posted Date: Mar 26, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Supply Chain Applications & Data Analyst serves as the subject matter expert for all technology applications and the integrity of associated data to support day to day supply chain operations across Mary Washington Healthcare. The incumbent of this position is responsible for the successful execution of strategic data management specific to the supply chain function. This position collaborates with the Supply Chain Leadership Team to define and establish the overall management strategy and approach to master data management, maintenance and quality control. The incumbent will provide solutions for complex data issues, prioritization, analytics, system integrations and item master file management; act as liaison for data analysis and extraction for reporting to process partners, internal customers, Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and vendors; and support end-user satisfaction by ensuring that requests are handled effectively and that client needs continue to be met through continuous operational maintenance and improvement initiatives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring seamless operation of the Supply Chain technology solutions from a business perspective; triage's issues and finds root cause for problems in conjunction with Supply Chain and IS team members.
- Serves as the critical communications link on technology issues, in use or to be implemented, between supply chain solutions and the business units, information systems core team, and the information systems vendor’s.
- Responds to individual requests from end users for assistance with supply chain related technologies.
- Conducts audit/quality checks and initiates required corrective actions to include procedural or system changes.
- Analyzes and verifies accuracy of data extracts/reports requested by external partners or internal departments.
- Collects and analyzes data on supply chain performance to support management and end-user decision making.
- Coordinates external database programs and establishes integrated mechanisms with system users and processes; performs system maintenance, enhancements and upgrades as authorized by Information Systems.
- Creates reporting tools for database systems and data extractions; runs monthly inventory optimization reports; distributes planned and ad hoc supply chain reports to appropriate parties.
- Generates data to support PAR level reviews for departmental customers.
- Creates, maintains and revises Supply Chain Solutions performance dashboard.
- Responsible for maintaining current practices; standardizes, improves, documents, and supports the hospital’s supply chain processes throughout the Source to Pay Process, to include Sourcing and Operations.
- Drafts, edits, and produces communication plans, reports, briefings, presentations, project statuses and responses for use by senior management and/or key stakeholders; makes recommendations for improvement and appropriate parties based upon conclusions.
- Recommends, trains, implements, and monitors supply chain software applications.
- Maintains the Item & Vendor Master files. Creates & revises inventory PAR locations.
- Builds, maintains, and revises the Mobile Supply Chain Management (MMIS) application.
- Develops and produces project plans according to organizational standards, including the development of: schedule, work breakdown structure (WBS), budget, resource allocation, communication plan, risk analysis, procurement, integration, quality, and scope management.
- Collects data and conducts research to enhance project effectiveness; applies appropriate project methodology; manages medium to large scale projects related to Supply Chain technologies.
- Develops best in class automation and data solutions. Applies Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) continuous process improvement methodology to supply chain solutions technology processes.
- Introduces best practice in supply chain technology, recognizing gaps in process and/or current system capabilities; works with Supply Chain leaders, team members, and IT counterparts to structure effective solutions.
- Defines and executes a big data and analytics strategy, vision and roadmap, as well as transformation of business analytics and reporting on supply chain performance.
- Develops and delivers presentations and workshops to illustrate project methods; facilitates and leads training sessions for Project Management and related skills. (i.e. Lean).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in one of the Information Technology disciplines: Supply Chain or Business.
- A minimum of three years of experience in performing systems analysis, administration or business process analysis in a complex healthcare or industry environment required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project) required.
- Lean or Six Sigma and Project Management formal training preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience with the following is preferred: Item Master Maintenance; Crystal or Business Objects report writing; direct project management.
- Supply Chain industry experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Certification in a relevant area (Lean Green Belt, Program Management Professional, etc.) is preferred.
- Project management experience with medium to large sized projects and experience in Lean Methodologies or Process Improvement Frameworks is preferred.
- Experience with inventory management and procurement software (Meditech, PeopleSoft, Lawson, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in healthcare database management, Business Intelligence and related reporting tools, report writing, analytical review and system integrations preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with Materials Management ERP systems including demand planning, forecasting, inventory and stock level management, replenishment, receiving, and materials resource planning strategies (MRP) preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.