Supervisor, Supply Chain
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2341
Job Department: 1007051 MWHC-Supply Chain Operations - MWH
Job Posted Date: Feb 16, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position efficiently and effectively manages day to day operations of the Supply Logistics function, a division of Materials Management, to facilitate effective and efficient receipt, storage and delivery of supplies to all departments of the hospital in a cost-effective and value-driven manner. The Supply Chain Supervisor assists the Supply Chain Manager and other Materials Management managers in maintaining the highest degree of operational performance and customer satisfaction. Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager when absent. The Supply Chain Supervisor is responsible for leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals. The Supply Chain Supervisor supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day operations to assure the efficient and effective performance of high quality goods, equipment and services to all clinical and non-clinical departments within MWHC.
- Shares staffing resources as necessary to insure all department responsibilities are met.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of products, equipment and inventory including receipt, storage and distribution of goods, equipment and services.
- Assists the Supply Chain Manager with the employment function for all Supply Logistics Associate positions.
- Assures Supply Logistics Department Associates are allocated to meet the needs of the internal and external customers serviced by Materials Management.
- Serves as a resource to the Clinical Resource Coordinator, Buyers, Contract Coordinators regarding clinical supplies.
- Serves as a liaison between nursing staff and Material Support Agents.
- Coaches and mentors Supply Logistics Associates for personal and professional growth.
- Is responsible for day-to-day collaboration between Materials Management Department and all positive and effective work relationships/communications with all MWHC customers.
- Collaborates to resolve conflicts promptly and to continuously improve services and increase efficiencies between departments.
- Successful completion of pre-placement/employment evaluation.
- BS degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated warehousing, inventory management and material handling required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. 1-2 years of prior supervisory experience required.
- Preference will be given candidates with knowledge of medical supplies and equipment.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.