Supervisor - Respiratory Therapy, Night Shift
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5860
Job Department: 2004550 MWH-Respiratory Therapy
Job Posted Date: Oct 18, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Respiratory Therapy Supervisor assists in supervising and coordinating the daily activities of the Respiratory Therapy department, ensures compliance with applicable policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards, and assists leadership in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer experience.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the selection, hiring, and orientation for staff; and in all phases of the performance management process (planning, feedback/coaching/appraisal).
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion and coordinates activities with other leaders.
- Assists Respiratory management in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
- Oversees scheduling and performance of patient’s treatments to ensure smooth daily operations and quality services.
- Monitors Respiratory Services quality and safety.
- Oversees operations and supervises section’s resources to assure efficient and effective performance of services provided.
- Monitoring and facilitating patient flow and exam prioritization;
- Ensuring equipment and supplies are available and working properly
- Facilitating coverage of unscheduled staff vacancies
- Approving the calling in of back-up or retention of existing staff as needed
- Resolving customer service and quality/performance issues
- Ensuring completion of daily safety checks and other required quality checks
- Leads staff meetings with department leadership to communicate information, discuss safety/quality/regulatory issues, and monitor continued understanding and compliance with MWH and departmental policies.
- Maintains competency in the use of EPIC, and other information management systems and serves as a resource to staff regarding the functionality of these systems.
- Initiates performance improvement activities for Respiratory Therapy utilizing a FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers, nurse leaders and customers.
- Establishes effective work relationships and maintains effective communications with all customers.
- Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools in collaboration with department and physician leaders.
- Maintains skills in clinical respiratory therapy by taking clinical assignments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Respiratory Therapy required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in good standing within the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
- American Heart Associate (AHA) BLS and ACLS required.
- NRP certification required within 6 months from date of hire.
- Five (5) years clinical Respiratory Therapy experience required.
- One to two (1-2) years leadership experience required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine