Supervisor PB Cash Application
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3783
Job Department: 1007017 MWHC-Professional Billing
Job Posted Date: Jun 15, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Supervisor, Cash Management is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day operations of the cash management team. This position oversees, develops, and coaches Associates who process guarantor and insurance payments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations for the cash management team.
- Establishes and maintains internal controls for handling of cash, checks, and credit card deposits for Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC).
- Oversees the timely, accurate, and efficient posting of all transactions annually.
- Coordinates the electronic payment software application with Information Systems staff.
- Ensures all electronic payment systems are posting payments properly and establishes audit functions to validate processing.
- Reviews, reports and provides recommendations for improvement to senior management regarding any payer issues or trends identified during the follow-up process.
- Makes recommendations to change billing systems, policies, and procedures as necessary, facilitates implementation of changes.
- Responds to complaints, adverse situations, unplanned circumstances, or concerns. Works in close collaboration with leadership when an issue requires escalation.
- Schedules and assigns staff to ensure that workload is met. Maintains staff productivity reports.
- Participates in the hiring, developing, coaching, and discipline of Associates. Provides input for Associate performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare cash management experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Relevant healthcare certification preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.