Supervisor, MWH-Pediatric Therapy
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6748
Job Department: 2004216 MWH-Pediatric Therapy
Job Posted Date: Jan 11, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position supports leadership by providing on-site supervision of day-to-day operations of the department. The Supervisor works with department staff and clinicians to promote efficient department operations while delivering excellent customer service.
The Supervisor serves as a key resource to all department staff, and takes a lead role in orienting, training, and monitoring the performance of department staff. The Supervisor ensures staff compliance with established policies and procedures and serves as a liaison between the department, management, and other departments throughout the MWHC healthcare system as well as external agencies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees operations and manages resources to assure the efficient and effective performance of services provided.
- Assists leadership with developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations within authorized budget allocations.
- Ensures clinician’s charges and documentation are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists with the resolution of issues impacting reimbursement as requested by billing office and/or leadership.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and assigns tasks of Associates based on customer needs and degree of urgency. Monitors workflow to maximize productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains an organized and efficient reception area. Monitors patient schedules and work flows to assure a smooth and coordinated patient flow.
- Greets all parents/guardians, patients, visitors, clinicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially. Ensures telephone calls are answered in a timely and courteous manner. Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective communications.
- Performs routine but essential clerical and support functions including scheduling and registering patients, collecting patient payments, scheduling required testing and procedures and obtaining authorizations.
- Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of practice Associates to ensure safe and effective operations. Partners with the leadership to conduct routine staff meetings to communicate information, discuss quality/service issues, and monitor continued understanding and compliance with MWHC and departmental policies.
- Provides cross coverage in absence of office staff.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
- Establishes effective working relationships and maintains positive communications with staff, and other customers. Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner. Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
- Monitors and maintains office supply inventories.
- Coordinates and participates in the interview process for Associate selection.
- Participates in the annual Associate evaluation process.
- In partnership with leadership, initiates Performance Improvement activities for assigned Associates as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- If an incumbent holds a VA RN license, VA LPN license or MA certification, they are required to maintain this license/certification and function in the appropriate direct patient care role, as needed.
- If an incumbent is functioning in a direct patient care role, they are required to have AHA Basic Life Support Provider CPR certification at hire.
- One to two years of prior medical office experience required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of practice operations.
- Efficient working knowledge and experience with word processing strongly preferred.
- Time management and organization proficiency strongly preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage stress and/or stressful situations.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine