Supervisor, Laboratory Shift
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-215
Job Department: 2004250 MWH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to supervise the daily shift activities of the Laboratory to ensure timely patient testing and reports aiding the physicians in the diagnosis and provision of quality patient care. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily activities of the shift to ensure timely, accurate reporting of laboratory procedures to assist physicians in patient care.
- Performs routine technologist duties and responsibilities during the shift to ensure validity of reported results and performance in accordance with department guidelines.
- Monitors department quality control to maintain effective operation of instrumentation and quality of reported test results and to meet accreditation standards.
- Evaluates abnormal and routine tests results and resolve instrumentation problems to ensure validity of reported results in accordance with departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs leadership/supervisory functions in support of departmental and hospital goals.
- Assists in evaluating new instrumentation and procedures to maintain state of the art laboratory performance and capability and monitor opportunities for increased efficiency and cost containment.
- Collaboratively develops and implements technical orientation programs for new Associates and coordinate continuing education to ensure quality Associate development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate of Science with a degree in Medical Technology.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist required or NCA certification as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- Four years medical technologist experience required.
- Minimum two years relevant supervisory experience required or in a position that has demonstrated increasing responsibility in project or team leadership.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.