Sterile Processing (Central Sterile) Technician
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-848
Job Department: 2007060 MWH-Central Sterile
Job Posted Date: Sep 10, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, inspection, assembly and sterilization of instruments, supplies, linens and assembly of surgical case carts in Sterile Processing in accordance with established policies, procedures and industry standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures while adhering to departmental quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, packages and sterilizes instrumentation of all departments according to established policies and procedures.
- Stores supplies, instrument trays, and equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures and industry standards.
- Receives requests for patient care equipment and delivers to unit in a timely manner.
- Performs biological and chemical testing of sterilization equipment in accordance with quality assurance standards.
- Ensures complete and accurate assembly of surgical and code carts.
- Participates in education programs, in-service meetings and demonstrates knowledge of assigned specialty.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities for the Sterile Processing Technician – Certified position:
- May function as a Preceptor and assist in the development of Associate skills
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Current certification in Sterile Processing Technology required within 18 months of hire or placement date
- Incumbents hired prior to September 2013 are considered grandfathered in terms of education.
- Minimum of two years of Sterile Processing experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a high stress area.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Ability to operate automated and technical equipment
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine