Staffing Coordinator 0700-1900 (Full, Part time and PRN Opportunity)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support ServicesApply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3293
Job Department: 1007202 MWHC-Executive Office
Job Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Staffing Coordinator develops and maintains staffing schedules and all related records in the MWHC Staffing Office. Identifies potential staffing problems and resolves as appropriate. Performs timekeeping functions including monitoring time and attendance, and assists with payroll submission activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes appropriate patient care resources to fulfill staffing needs, based on workload and patient to staff ratio for current and upcoming shift.
- Partners with Hub C3 to ensure potential staffing concerns are proactively addressed.
- Partners with Unit C3s to address any staffing shortages or overages.
- Fills any vacancies related to Associate call-outs when they are reported from any departments.
- Monitors staffing level across the HealthCare System to ensure each unit meets the appropriate patient to staff ratio.
- Assesses for opportunities to reassign staff from over-staffed units to under-staffed unit, notifying the Unit C3 prior to calling off staff.
- Determines staffing office Associate assignments for each shift and communicates based on hospital guidelines.
- Assists in training new Associates during the departmen’sl orientation process; badge activation, scheduling, staffing policies, and payroll.
- Develops and maintains the schedules for the Staffing Office.
- Reviews all future departmental schedules to assure shifts are balanced appropriately and communicates review findings to appropriate Manager.
- Identifies and plans for additional staffing resource support for units who may have an Associate on an extended leave (such as Maternity, LOA).
- Conducts daily maintenance of staffing assignments in API software for staffing office Associates.
- Monitors and tracks badging errors and tardiness compliance with Mary Washington Healthcare policy on time and attendance for Staffing Office Associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative healthcare experience
- Basic computer/word processing skills
- Able to work independently, managing time, multiple priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Able to articulate information and ideas clearly through both written and verbal communication
- Able to organize, execute detailed plans and problem-solve when necessary to meet scheduling needs
- Scheduling and staffing experience
- Knowledge and experience with Time/Attendance and Staffing application(s)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.