Registered Nurse (RN)- REMOTE Staffing Coordinator Home Health- PT Weekends
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Weekends (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4006
Job Department: 2001601 MWH-Home Health-Admin
Job Posted Date: Jul 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Staff Coordinator primarily functions in the role of a Registered Nurse; takes and triages phone calls and makes home visits as indicated by patient need on the weekend. Assists Home Health leadership in providing professional direction and coordination of home health staff for daily patient census during the weekend. The Staff Coordinator ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality care that meets agency and regulatory requirements and appropriate utilization of home health services.
- Receives and registers required information of new patient referrals into the electronic medical record.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides Inpatient rounding for MWHHHA patients and communication of patient status to the teams as assigned.
- Facilitates resolution of identified treatment related problems.
- Provides for the physical, mental and social well-being for individuals and families utilizing nursing process, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the results.
- Performs the comprehensive assessment and develops/implements the plan of care as identified on the admission visit.
- Provides appropriate and thorough teaching to patients and their caregivers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- BSN preferred. As of March 2014, all new hire RN's with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years.
- One year recent medical/surgical nursing experienced required. One to two years’ recent home health experience preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- Valid driver’s license and must meet MWHC Driver’s Suitability criteria.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.