City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4177
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Oct 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Specialty Coordinator assumes accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse, in addition to coordination and responsibility for a cluster of services. This includes the delivery and coordination of patient care, program planning, and monitoring of financial and human resources, as directed by management. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides competent, compassionate patient- and family-centered nursing care based on scientific principles and the use of the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Identifies, facilitates, and evaluates outcomes of nursing care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Coordinates the patient/procedure schedule to effectively utilize resources inclusive of staff, material, and fiscal resources.
- Develops, implements, and monitors compliance of standard of practice for patient care.
- Provides input to management in preparation and justification of annual operating and capital budget requests. This input will be based on physician/nurse dialogues, plans for new, or revision of existing programs, and departmental policies and organizational goals.
- Assigns nursing personnel on a daily basis within the team. Collaborates with other Specialty Coordinators to ensure adequate coverage for patient care.
- Coordinates, conducts, and assures the orientation of team members to the cluster. Identifies team learning needs. Collaborates with educators and management to develop and implement plans to meet those needs.
- Contributes to the continuous quality improvement process of the Department. Coordinates the quality improvement efforts of the team, including patient care reviews.
- Demonstrates effective leadership in implementing and maintaining the team model.
- Establishes direct and open communication patterns within the team. Develops beginning group problem solving skills.
- Coordinates team members in revising and maintaining surgeon's preference cards, instrument books, nursing care plans, and technical procedure manuals.
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with Medical Staff, Section Chief, and Department Chairperson. Communicates clearly, accurately, and effectively through attendance at section meetings, and through the use of written and verbal skills.
- Accepts responsibilities for professional growth.
- Resolves issues, assists in coordinating Associate concerns under the direction of management.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years of RN acute care experience required.
- A minimum of one year of RN experience within clinical area of responsibility required.
- A minimum of one year of leadership experience required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine