Specialist, Learning Development
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-125
Job Department: 1007357 MWHC-Org. Development
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Learning and Development Specialist leverages adult learning principles to develop, implement and sustain learning and development initiatives designed to enhance individual, team and organizational performance. This role analyzes needs and works closely with internal resources to develop and deliver training sessions, materials and resources to a wide variety of audiences, as well as coordinates, communicates and monitors the success of ongoing learning opportunities and events.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and delivers in person and online training sessions, and creates learning resources to further Associate development.
- Conducts learning needs analysis to include compiling and assessing data, and conferring with management to determine training and development needs across the organization.
- Determines ongoing workshop and development offerings based on needs assessment results and key performance objectives.
- Coordinates and facilitates Associate workshops through a variety of delivery methods using sound adult learning principles and incorporating current learning and development trends.
- Uses the Learning Management System and other learning software/technology to support learning delivery.
- Makes ongoing improvements to learning opportunities based on evaluation results and stakeholder feedback.
- Assists Associates and Leaders with department specific training and team building inquiries and provides recommendations for appropriate development resources and interventions.
- Supports Leaders in determining the best approach for training and team building in their areas.
- Develops and conducts department specific training and team building activities when appropriate.
- Creates and promotes on demand resources for individuals and teams and oversees utilization of these resources.
- Facilitates training for key organizational projects and programs.
- Provides coordination and facilitation support for a variety of learning and development projects and programs related to onboarding, Associate engagement, career development, leadership development, patient experience and other organization priorities.
- Coordinates, communicates and monitors effectiveness of ongoing learning opportunities and events.
- Supports the smooth operation of the Learning and Organizational Development department through special project assignments and by serving as a back-up resource for key functions and programs.
- Works with Learning Management System Administrator as needed in the creation of curriculum and course structure, running of various reports required for training and development outcomes, and troubleshooting end user questions and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, Education, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum three years of learning and development experience to include working knowledge of instructional design, training delivery, learning evaluation and event coordination.
- Minimum two years of classroom, online and small group workshop facilitation experience including experience preparing training material and presenting information to varied audiences.
- Demonstrated application of adult learning theory, Associate development best practices, and team building approaches.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, customer service and computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team, as well as to establish and maintain effective working relationships is required.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and flexibility to accommodate quick turnaround projects and deliverables required.
- Prior experience with Learning Management Systems, SharePoint and other learning technology.
- Prior experience with leadership and management development.
- Prior experience in healthcare.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.