Specialist, Employee Relations
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5725
Job Department: 1007351 MWHC-Human Resources
Job Posted Date: Oct 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects.
The central objective of MWHC’s employee relations team is to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of our core business values and objectives. To support that objective, this position’s responsibilities fall into proactive and reactive categories.
The Employee Relations Specialist will work as a project manager on proactive programs that improve departmental and cross-functional employee relations. The Specialist will undertake a significant amount of reactive work on critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time, such as conducting workplace investigations and advising on challenging employee situations. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position. Ongoing mentoring and coaching of leadership regarding all principles of employee relations is essential to this role.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conducts fair, consistent, and timely workplace investigations.
- Identifies, develops, and facilitates plans of action for all conflict resolutions to sustain positive employee relations .
- Partners with business leaders and HR COEs to create and sustain positive employee relations programs; action plans; strategic projects; best practices and initiatives.
- Develops individual performance development plans in partnership with appropriate leadership.
- Designs and conducts multiple positive employee relations trainings and communications.
- Trends and analyzes workplace complaints; EEOC charges; disciplinary action; Associate feedback identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assists leadership with re-organizations; redesigns and implementation within work divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May require up to 20% travel around the Fredericksburg/Stafford, VA area.
- The role will be based in Fredericksburg/Stafford, VA with virtual/remote opportunities (hybrid role based on business needs).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years direct experience in employee relations, with a strong background in leading workplace investigations.
- Experience with employment & labor laws within Virginia.
- Experience in assisting with the design of and/or delivering successful employee relations action plans and training programs
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft 365 & PowerPoint.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines.
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine