Sleep Medicine Physician for Hospital based Practice
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-7304
Job Department: 4906251 MWMG-Neurology
Job Posted Date: Feb 22, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a fellowship trained Sleep Medicine Physician to join our well-established referral-based Outpatient Practice in Fredericksburg, VA. We serve an extensive region and provide the most comprehensive services and compassionate state-of-the-art care. Our Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be dedicated to delivering high quality patient care.
Physician must be patient-centered, with a focus on evaluation of patients using patient history, physical examination, review of polysomnography, explanation of test results to patients and development of care plans. Key responsibilities are PSG interpretation, PAP titration interpretation, and order Home Sleep studies.
- Outpatient only practice (Mon.-Fri. Schedule)
- No Weekend or Holiday Call
- We are an Accredited Sleep Lab
- Evaluate and treat Adult Patients with sleep disorders
- Interpretation of diagnostic/therapeutic In-lab polysomnographic studies with a fully accredited labs(s) and home sleep polysomnographic studies.
- Treat sleep problems including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, snoring, restless legs syndrome, REM sleep disorder and other conditions.
- Work in collaboration q physicians, advance practice providers ( APP) and other medical staff to provide comprehensive sleep health service for Sleep Medicine patients.
- An established panel of patients
- Experienced support staff
- No rounding in the hospital
- Very congenial working relationship
- Great environment that is open and transparent
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Medical Degree
- Candidates must be Board Certified within six months of completing training.
- Fellowship trained in Sleep Medicine
- Current, unrestricted, Virginia State license or eligible for Virginia licensure
- Obtain DEA for full prescriptive ability
- AHA, BLS Required
- New fellows and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
About Mary Washington Healthcare:
Mary Washington Healthcare is a non-profit regional system consisting of two hospitals (571 beds), three emergency departments and over 50 healthcare facilities. serving patients and communities across the greater Fredericksburg Region. We promote a culture of acceptance and innovation where you truly can “Be Heard”. In 2023 we will be hosting our first residents as we work toward our (GME) Graduate Medical Education Residency Program.
The Fredericksburg region includes four counties (Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford) and the City of Fredericksburg, and is ideally located 50 miles south of Washington DC and 50 miles north of the Capital of Virginia, Richmond and is accessible to major cities and markets along the East Coast and the global marketplace. With a population of 338,000, the area has been designated Virginia’s fastest growing for five consecutive years.
With the beautiful Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountains an hour drive west of Fredericksburg, outdoor recreation is right out your front door. Skiing and hiking, the beach and sightseeing are all within easy driving distance. Plus, an excellent public-school system, a great selection of private schools and options for higher education are an added bonus. Our family-friendly community means low crime and lots of great activities.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Base compensation with a performance bonus as well as a Productivity bonus.
- Sign-on and/or Relocation bonuses
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 403(b) with annual matching program
- 457(b) additional retirement program
- Yearly CME and travel allowances
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine