City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-536
Job Department: 4576010 MWMG-Adult Hospitalists
Job Posted Date: Oct 12, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Hospitalist Coordinator role is to assist in providing operations management services to the Hospitalist program. The Hospitalist Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to, onsite practice management and daily oversight of administrative responsibility for the Hospitalist program. The Hospitalist Coordinator will have a visible presence and involvement with the entire site team and multiple hospital departments including the Medical Staff Office, as well as community providers and specialty physicians. The Hospitalist Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Hospitalist and Clinical Performance Nurse (CPN) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of the program, and is responsible for contributing to improved workflow processes, communications, and standards, as well as onsite initiatives for operational, financial and clinical performance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Schedule Coordination
- Creation and coordination of the Hospitalist team schedule with site Chief and staffing coordinator with proactive 3-6 month planning, labor/staffing mix awareness and escalation of critical staffing gaps.
- Drives internal staffing call with Chief and Staffing coordinator, timely and appropriately follows up on scheduling issues and/or barriers.
- Physician Interview and On-boarding Coordination
- Coordinates onsite physician interviews with hospital leadership and follows up on hiring recommendations.
- Coordinates physician orientation and facilitates all on boarding requirements.
- Assists with training and utilization.
- Practice and Central Services Coordination
- Ensure physicians’ shifts for payroll with 100% accuracy including proper documentation of shifts worked and documentation of rates as appropriate.
- Provides support for organizational Transitional Care Services (TCS) activities at the site.
- Serves as a liaison to the Medical Staff Office. Ensures credentialing and provider enrollment packets are complete and proactively follows up on missing documentation.
- Serves as a liaison between hospital departments and the Hospitalist team.
- Provides information and resources as needed.
- Understands requests around committee participation and assists Chief with ensuring Hospitalist participation.
- Communicates to Hospitalist team key announcements and maintains important team documents.
- Serves as a liaison for Provider Enrollment, Billing, Payroll and Compliance teams.
- Performs reconciliation workflows.
- Ensures accuracy with PCP database and communication distribution lists.
- Provides administrative support to Chief including schedule and special projects.
- Coordinates monthly team meeting including scheduling, agenda, room/material facilitation, and meeting minutes.
- Manages incoming phone calls, faxes, and mail.
- Maintains a master team list.
- Assists Hospitalist team with death certificates, home health, DRG worksheets, and other forms completion.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of one year healthcare customer service, 2-3 years medical office staff or medical group management, or 2-3 years working in a hospital setting preferred.
- Client service oriented (both internal and external).
- Demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Detailed oriented, excellent organizational abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Technology competency with electronic software needed for role (i.e., EMR).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.