Senior Technical Operations Specialist-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3100
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.The Senior Technical Operations Specialist supports day-to-day operations of all task requests, audiovisual projects, clinical projects, and acquisition projects coordinated by manager and supervisor. Determines and implements the standard deployment procedures. Performs installation and configuration tasks for all IS applications. provides analysis, functional support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all enterprise software applications for multiple users at Mary Washington Healthcare systems. The position participates in project planning, scheduling, and management of sub-elements of larger projects. Works with the server, network team, and other areas of IS to resolve high-level problems. Performs elevated system administration and networking tasks.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participate as a team member with management, other team members, and end-users on projects; executes project tasks according to manager and supervisor directives, plan, and schedule. Provide project updates to Tech Ops Supervisor.
- Provides routine assistance in resolving application issues and problems. Performs testing of new releases of applications/interfaces.
- Responsible for delivering software support for projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives for quality, response and resolution times, and customer satisfaction.
- Provides technical support for complex administrative level software.
- Utilizes operational knowledge of supported business processes, workflow design, application configuration, testing, and training to support department goals and operations.
- Troubleshoots and assists in resolving elevated application functionality issues.
- Interfaces with team members, technical application staff, and/or vendors to resolve system or application problems. Researches and responds to customer issues/monitors queue (i.e., security access, break/fix, reporting).
- Trains users on process improvement, application functionality, and maintenance. Creates documentation and develops related training materials.
- Participates in projects involving system conversion, implementation, system changes, and new release software application functionality.
- Create documentation and reports for multiple audiences including internal department, management, and end-users.
- Performs systems administration tasks for computing management systems: including desktops, software and patch management, imaging, and system backups.
- Manages SCCM to ensure timely software distribution, security updates, and patches.
- Manages MDM for mobile device support.
- Create process improvements to enable effective and efficient technical support to our customers.
- Acts as a liaison between the IS department and vendors.
- Serves as backup for Tech Ops Specialist as needed.
- Provides project support outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Performs system administration, networking, or IS Security tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree OR at least 5 years of experience, required.
- Experience translating clinical and business workflow to IT requirements required.
- Experience in the use of desktop and mobile operating system and productivity software required.
- Basic knowledge of technical requirements and support of PCs, desktop devices and mobile devices peripherals required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.