City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1768
Job Department: 2004550 MWH-Respiratory Therapy
Job Posted Date: Feb 16, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Respiratory Assistant performs department support activities under the direction of Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioners and department leadership.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Processes respiratory equipment for cleaning/sterilization after patient use; cleans, calibrates, and assembles equipment in preparation for the next patient.
- Logs, delivers, and retrieves equipment sent to Sterile Processing for cleaning.
- Inventories, documents, and verifies availability of all life support equipment and medical gases for department operation. Stocks respiratory care equipment to ensure appropriate par levels are available. Notifies leadership when additional inventory or equipment is needed.
- Replaces and maintains equipment set-ups in assigned areas (i.e. emergency airway carts) according to department guidelines.
- Maintains rental logs of vendor-supplied equipment and notifies leadership when the rentals are ready to be returned to the vendor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Experience in a patient care setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.