Senior Reimbursement Analyst-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3894
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Oct 19, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. Assists the Director in preparing Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, wage index reviews and other reimbursement analysis. Prepares workpapers to support the cost reports, as well as analyzing the data for accuracy and additional reimbursement opportunities is a resource to other decision support analysts. Oversees the cost report preparation performed by outside consultants and performs initial review prior to leadership. The Senior Reimbursement Analyst prepares and reviews high-level analytical reports and data, including cost reports, a monthly reserve analysis, and reimbursement related activities. The incumbent in this role performs duties which impact revenue and reimbursement of the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling financial and third-party government audits.
- Maintains an ongoing understanding of government regulations as they relate to reimbursement issues, analyzes the impact of these regulations, and applies them to the documentation that is maintained for the preparation of the third-party cost reports.
- Performs other related third-party reimbursement responsibilities as needed.
- Responsible for key Revenue Enhancement initiatives such as the Disproportionate Share, Wage Index which account for large reimbursement dollars.
- Prepares monthly reserve analysis.
- Analyzes revenue trends across the organization.
- Maintains a clear and thorough understanding of the cost report process to ensure efficient and accurate support of required data.
- Analyzes and reviews all third payer Cost Report Accruals accounts. Reports any discrepancies or inaccuracies to appropriate leadership to maintain the integrity of the financial statements.
- Prepares appeals, or other required information for third party payers.
- Assists in preparing third-party cost reports for fiscal year end.
- Reviews, analyzes, and documents all third-party audit adjustments, recommending either acceptance or rejection of those adjustments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related business field required.
- Six years of related experience in the reimbursement field or health care finance field preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong understanding of healthcare business processes and technology.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine