Senior Internal Auditor
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-724
Job Department: 1007215 MWHC-Internal Audit
Job Posted Date: Oct 14, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Senior Internal Auditor is accountable to assist the department in designing, conducting and evaluating internal audits for Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC). The incumbent will formulate and present findings; prepare and present reports; and provide input to facilitate on-going risk assessments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, evaluates and performs internal audits to prevent/detect/mitigate fraud identified in workplan using strong understanding of audit concepts, practices, and procedures and exhibits and reliance on significant experience and judgment to accomplish individual audit goals.
- Leads and provides guidance to others performing internal audits of a more difficult nature with minimal supervision.
- Gathers information, performs testing, documents processes and systems, and prepares reports to ensure successful completion of major audit assignments consistent with the department’s annual work plan.
- Designs, implements and evaluates internal audits to assist the department in evaluating the adequacy of internal controls to safeguard MWHC assets.
- Evaluates the Internal Audit process to ensure integrity of department operations and ensure the efficiency of the internal audit function.
- Formulates and presents findings and recommendations in draft form to the Audit Manager or in final form, with Audit Manager or Director approval, to appropriate audiences to ensure on-going integrity of MWHC operations.
- Prepares and presents accurate, concise audit reports in draft form to the Audit Manager or in final form, with Audit Manager or Director approval, to appropriate audiences to effectively document MWHC and subsidiary operations.
- Provides input to facilitate on-going risk assessments of audit areas.
- Performs all work within the rules and procedures established for a safe and healthy workplace, maintains a level of attendance that facilitates the operational needs of Internal Audit, and represents and supports the corporate philosophy of MWHC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting, Auditing, Information Systems, or Finance is required.
- CIA certification is required within 24 months of hire or placement date.
- CPA or CFE certification is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in auditing, accounting, or related fields is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of audit concepts, practices, and procedures required.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in data extraction and analysis skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of fraud auditing concepts, practices, and procedures required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.