Senior Financial Systems Analyst-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5144
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Sep 01, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Senior Analyst, Financial Systems leads and supports system-level analytic activities of a large integrated delivery system. Manages complex projects and initiatives across the system, which significantly impact business results, and requires a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination. The position leads and supports the implementation of Finance owned information systems. This position works in close collaboration with IT Business Intelligence supporting many of the same or similar projects and deliverables. Actively contributes to organizational initiatives in the development of business intelligence (BI) tools.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leads advanced troubleshooting, analysis, design, and testing for applicable financial systems. Monitors supported systems and proactively mitigates issues.
- Resolves incidents, identifies problems, and documents resolutions in the ticket management system for advanced level requests and concerns.
- Provides mentorship and guidance for Analysts within the department.
- Creates and provides training materials, trains other partners as necessary.
- Leads various projects and applicable project teams, identifying and assigning tasks, ensuring completion.
- Meets with Application Reporting Leads and requestors to understand data needs.
- Develops, configures, and modifies moderately complex application requirements. Designs, codes/configures, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains programs/applications.
- Leads application upgrades and implementations, reviews documentation related to data figures, coordinates all testing phases of associated applications. Determines steps to implement changes as necessary.
- Creates documentation of business requirements, current, and future state workflows.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with end-users, customers, and business partners.
- Maintains knowledge in clinical and/or technical workflow trends.
- Develops and aggregates analytical content sourced from the EMR.
- Analyzes, provides specifications for, tests, and writes reports. Engages with users to determine reporting requirements, create design specifications for new reports.
- Identifies and reviews appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
- Develops relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Supports multiple projects in building data models and visualizations as required.
- Reviews Foundation System reports and identify appropriate technological solutions, and advanced analytics needs with report consumers for various reporting needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Data Analytics, or related field preferred.
- Certification in applicable Epic application required within nine months of hire.
- Current Epic New Version Training (NVT) in applicable application required.
- Industry relevant License(s) and/or Certification(s) preferred.
- Healthcare financial or IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care setting required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong understanding of healthcare business processes and technology.
- Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology. Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine