Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1210
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Nov 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Senior Cloud Systems Engineer (SCSE) will work closely with Network, Architecture and Clinical Business teams to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware. The SCSE performs advanced troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of all enterprise Cloud and Infrastructure systems.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides subject matter expertise, peer oversight and technical leadership to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware.
- Collaborates with leadership to provides technical oversight on projects
- Performs expert-level troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of client and infrastructure hardware/software at multiple locations. Documents system configuration and changes
- Educates, trains and mentors team members in areas of technical expertise
- Designs, develops and documents complex software delivery packages based on analysis of system or customer specifications and coordinates deployment
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains servers, distributed systems and applications based on vendor specifications, MWHC standards and obtaining customer acceptance at time of deployment
- Responsible for Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage management, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Architectural level design, implementation, administration, and optimization of various enterprise technologies including but not limited to Active Directory/GPO, SQL, Exchange, SCCM, VMware, Citrix, NAS, SAN and Cloud solutions
- Advanced configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of SSL-VPN and other remote access technologies
- Identifies problems and leads resolution teams. Documents resolution in ticket management system. Engages customer throughout the support process
- Leads and executes system upgrades and implementations based on analysis of user and system needs
- Leads and participates on project teams, identifying and assigning tasks, ensuring completion
- Documents system designs, configurations and changes following established guidelines
- Serve as leading technical resource for architectural level troubleshooting
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and maintains expert knowledge of supported systems
- Participate in rotational on-call 24×7 support
- Other duties as assigned
- Ten years minimum of relevant experience required
- Experience in design, implementation, and management of Azure and/or AWS cloud technologies, Azure Active Directory and REST API
- Strong proficiency in scripting languages
- Advanced knowledge of the design, implementation, and maintenance of Enterprise Windows Active Directory
- Proven Ability to implement, maintain and troubleshoot Certificate Authorities, DNS, DHCP, Federated Services, Group policy management and other core components
- Working technical knowledge of Windows networking and PC operating systems including Windows Server and *nix operating systems
- Expert level knowledge of VMware system design, implementation, administration, and support including but not limited to vMotion, HA, DRS, vCenter Host Profiles, resource pools, storage and P2V migrations
- Comprehensive knowledge of design, implementation, troubleshooting and management of VMware, Workspace One, Citrix Workspace, VMware suite of products and Citrix Netscaler
- Advanced technical experience with SSL-VPN and other remote access technologies
- Working knowledge of technical requirements and support of PCs, desktop devices and mobile devices peripherals.
- Mastery level ability to solve complex problems in datacenter environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Expert level certification
- VMware VCAP
- CCNA/CCNP Cloud
- AWS/Azure Cloud
- DECA or other storage related certification
- Knowledge of storage performance, data replication, SAN based backup, load balancing, storage virtualization methods and SAN zoning/provisioning is desirable
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.