Senior Clerk, Accounts Payable Special Processing
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-6340
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Nov 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Senior Clerk, Accounts Payable Special Processing supervises the workflow and the efficient operation of the Accounts Payable’s Special Processing Group and its Associates. Associates within this area are responsible for processing all approved supplier/vendor invoices, electronic (EDI and EIB) invoices, leases and other recurring invoices, payment requests, on-demand/ad-hoc requests, employee expense reports, purchasing card transactions and other related responsibilities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the workflow and Associates who are responsible for processing all approved supplier/vendor invoices, payment requests, and student/non-employee expense reports.
- Monitors the incoming work volume and redistributes among the Associates.
- Works with Associates in assigned area to establish goals and objectives, evaluates performance, provides feedback and reviews as needed.
- Assists Manager in the hiring process for new Associates as needed.
- Ensures transactions are processed timely, accurately, and in compliance with MWHC’s governing policies. Takes corrective action as necessary to ensure departmental goals are accomplished by established deadlines.
- Handles escalated matters in a professional and knowledgeable manner. Responds timely to escalations.
- Provides applicable training as needed to internal end-users to promote the integrity of invoice submissions with adequate supporting documentation and proper approvals.
- Reviews invoices for proper approval and purchasing authority, sales and use tax treatment, and income classification. Ensures proper inclusion for 1099 preparation.
- Processes approved invoices in a timely matter, utilizing cash discounts when available.
- Communicates effectively with customers and vendors responding to inquiries or report requests.
- Maintains leases, agreements or other recurring payments.
- Monitors all EDI jobs to determine that all transactions have interfaced or posted into the subsequent system.
- Provides assistance in other areas of the department as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relevant leadership experience in a large operational department/group required.
- A minimum three to four years of Accounts Payable or accounting related experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications, along with a strong orientation to using personal computers in a network setting.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Workday a strong plus.
- Experience with policy enforcement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with customer service skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine