Senior Central Scheduling Representative-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3279
Job Department: 1007025 MWHC-Centralized Scheduling
Job Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Centralized Scheduling Representative schedules outpatient procedures in the registration system and routes schedules to appropriate areas. Serves as the point of contact for physician’s offices and obtains an established list of required data elements when scheduling procedures. Reviews scheduling orders and scheduling processes periodically to assess quality.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Obtains patient demographic information and schedules tests as ordered. Ensures proper sequence of multiple studies for efficiency and optimum test results. Routes scheduling information to appropriate departments and provides customer with pre-procedure instructions and/or education.
- Collaborates with Information Systems in testing of upgrades, new applications, and monitoring of added scheduling service lines and/or insurance payor vendors. Incorporates a root cause analysis approach to identify underlying issues.
- Confirms staff access to software applications, websites, insurance databases, and any additional resources to perform daily work assignments. Maintains proficiency within applications to ensure ongoing efficiencies and cost saving initiatives.
- Audits, reviews, and researches training opportunities for departmental staff to include: On-going training, practicing scheduling and insurance verification of complicated or new services in a test environment, creation of tip sheets, providing discussion/presentation on work related subject matters for staff education.
- Provides mentoring and coaching when needed to maintain positive morale and teamwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Patient scheduling, registration, call center, or healthcare billing experience required.
- Experience in date entry, customer service, collections and medical terminology preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Two years scheduling experience required.
- Two years healthcare related experience required.
- AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) or related industry certification preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.