Sr. Cash Applications Representative - PT - Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 32Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4867
Job Department: 1007030 MWHC-Pt Accts Billing & CS
Job Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The person in this position is accountable to perform all duties associated with electronic cash management and reconciliation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, posting electronic remittance payments and adjustments to accounts receivable and updating relevant reports with timely and accurate information to support reconciliation efforts and cash management. The person in this position will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and also must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs daily reconciliation of electronic files to electronic deposits by communicating with the bank
- Researches and resolves unapplied payments
- Processes and balances electronic files downloaded on a daily basis
- Demonstrates knowledge of on-line payor remittance mechanisms
- Contacts payors regarding reimbursement or application issues in order to balance or download 835 remittances
- Prepares daily reconciliation form for deposit and file disposition to account for all monies and files received
- Researches discrepancies between corresponding deposits received and electronic files downloaded
- Performs daily reconciliation of cash applications representatives’ batch sheets to ensure all are accounted for and are accurate
- Monitors unapplied cash and maintains a report to monitor batch posting progress
- Monitors and maintains ODC payments in a master file to ensure they were sent to and received by ODC
- Maintains internal report to balance by batch and informs cash applications representatives of any discrepancies in payments or adjustments
- Updates a cash posting report daily to send to internal departments showing progress of daily cash posting
- Maintains a DTB for general accounting
- Prepares timely and accurate final reports for general accounting and management
- Monitors and reports payment and processing issues and internal and external obstacles to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Supports general accounting and management with research and issue resolution
- Performs special departmental projects when assigned and provides back up to others in the department upon supervisor’s request
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- AAHAM Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) or related industry certification preferred.
- Three years healthcare cash posting, follow-up, or billing experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in healthcare related field required.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and presentation communication skills required.
- Must be keyboard literate.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs, internet browsing sites, credit card machines, and adding machines required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine