Manager, Outreach Laboratory
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4
Job Department: 2004275 MWH-MLV @ Princess Anne
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to manage the daily operations in the Outreach Laboratory service line of business for the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. In conjunction with the Business Manager, is responsible for marketing laboratory services to potential clients and maintaining existing accounts. Duties include development and implementation of new services, and maintenance of laboratory equipment or software in the physicians’ offices, and maintenance of requisition based reporting capabilities to all clients. A commitment to quality client service and the ability to communicate this to laboratory clients is of critical importance in this position.
The Outreach Manager will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers. Be able to make complex decisions independently.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with department Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and Coordinators to provide static leadership for the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
- Responsible for the overall management of outreach laboratory operations, including all human resource aspects.
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, markets laboratory services by personal contact and periodic direct mailings to potential clients.
- Maintains current client accounts by regular office visits.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur with specimens, reports, and courier service.
- Maintains requisition based reporting capabilities in the laboratory information system (LIS) to meet the clients’ needs.
- Maintain updated catalog of tests, prices, and codes (billing and LIS), and keep accounts informed of any changes.
- Designs promotional materials and correspondence for marketing purposes.
- Regularly informs Laboratory Director of market conditions, business potential, and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for all regulatory inspection preparations.
- Completes monthly reports of revenue generated by clients and accounts added or deleted.
- In coordination with the Outreach Billing Department maintains client-billing information.
- In coordination with the Outreach Billing Department works with client nursing homes to insure Medicare/Medicaid billing compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science with a degree in Medical Technology.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist required or NCA certification as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- Minimum 8 years Medical Technology experience required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in laboratory management or in a position that has demonstrated increasing responsibilities in project or team management.
- Must possess strong information service knowledge and experience with various software applications.
- Experience in working with outside clients of diverse age population preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to adjust to changing situations and work assignments.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions, and have a broad knowledge of hospital/corporate philosophies, standards, and procedures.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.