Registered Nurse, RN -- Cardiac Cath Lab, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2231
Job Department: 2004065 MWH-Cardiac Cath Lab
Job Posted Date: Mar 26, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Bring your one year of experience to our fast-growing healthcare system where we provide a level of excellence that is unsurpassed in our region. We have a fun, busy lab that just went through a $12M renovation of all new, high tech, spacious and beautiful rooms. Our lab – designated a Top 50 Cardiovascular lab in 2019 – is open Monday through Friday with 1 – 2 days of STEMI call a week and one weekend shift of call a month. At our Magnet-designated Level II Trauma Center, we perform high risk PCI, Watchman, TAVRs, peripherals (including Carotids, EVARS and TEVARS), CTOs, Impella and more.
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete physical assessments; identify potential clinical issue and emergent situations. Must be detail oriented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 60 days
- Minimum of 1 year cardiac or critical care experience required; experience in cardiac cath and/or IR preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.