Representative, Rehabilitation Concierge, PRN (Patient Scheduling, Registration, Healthcare Billing)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-540
Job Department: 2004230 MWH-Rehab Administration
Job Posted Date: Apr 01, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for accurately performing the Rehabilitation Connection functions for out-patient rehabilitation services and patients, which includes scheduling, pre-registration, insurance verification and pre-certification for all scheduled services at Mary Washington Healthcare. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality customer service to patients, physicians, co-workers and the general public.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs accurately and timely the scheduling of assigned procedures in accordance with applicable department specifications, and physician script order.
- Completes accurately and thoroughly the pre-registrations, maintaining accuracy rate in accordance with departmental quality goals, as well as ensuring proper identification checks are adhered to at all times. Thoroughly completes the insurance verification process to ensure the accuracy of insurance information.
- Obtains insurance authorizations, referral, and treatment consults as needed for all scheduled patients prior to receiving services.
- Obtains benefit coverage from insurance companies and accurately enters information into the appropriate computer system.
- Obtains diagnosis information and/or CPT code from the physician/office or the outpatient department, as necessary for completing the insurance authorization process.
- Courteously and professionally interviews patients while never compromising the patient’s dignity or confidentiality.
- Handles patient financial matters, including up-front collection of any patient financial obligations to Mary Washington Healthcare. Investigates and resolves any financial discrepancies and performs financial counseling to include setting up payment arrangements, and pre-qualifying self pay patients for charity.
- Presents and embodies Mary Washington Healthcare’s vision and values while working in the physician’s office. Professionally interacts with the practice’s physicians and their staff members.
- Adheres to Mary Washington Healthcare’s policies and procedure.
- Creates, maintains and monitors log of patients and procedures scheduled for the physician practice.
- Follows up with patients who cancel procedure appointments or are no-shows.
- Maintains proficiency in the various systems utilized during the pre-access process.
- Monitors appropriate reports in accordance with the pre-access process to ensure timely scheduling, pre-registration and insurance verification processing.
- Maintains documentation necessary for compliance with state, federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Effectively communicates operational activities and issues with co-workers, Supervisor and Manager.
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with internal and external customers. Must consistently present a positive departmental and organizational image, as well as commitment to departmental goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency within assigned area of responsibility and a general understanding of the entire Patient Access process.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements for the Physician Connection Program
- Consistently attends at least 10 out 12 (>80%) of the monthly staff meetings on an annual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Patient Access/ Rehabilitation Management Team
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- A minimum of two years experience in patient scheduling, registration or healthcare billing required.
- Experience in data entry, customer service, collections and medical terminology preferred.
- Proficient with computers, telephones, fax machines, and the use of various software applications required. Familiarity with Mary Washington Healthcare’s IT systems preferred.
- Strong verbal, including telephone etiquette, and written communications skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and perform work in an organized, efficient and effective manner without on-site supervision and direction is required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills a plus.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine