Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), PRN, Varied Shifts
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 12Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4848
Job Department: 2004550 MWH-Respiratory Therapy
Job Posted Date: Aug 23, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is an advanced level respiratory care practitioner with assessment and therapeutic skills who can provide care to multiple patient populations. The RRT will provide quality care, develop and ensure patient plan of care collaboration with the multidisciplinary team including; physicians, registered nurses, and speech, occupational, and physical therapists. The RRT is a professional member of the team and who can implement respiratory therapy independently.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides competent and compassionate patient and family centered care based on respiratory processes and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Administers and assess responses to respiratory therapeutic interventions with high proficiency and minimal to no supervision. (e.g. aerosol therapy, oxygen therapy, bronchodilator therapy, bronchopulmonary hygiene).
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Establishes and manages mechanical ventilation.
- Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Routinely develops or refines the ventilator care plan and communicates with the patient care team based on evidence and best practice.
- Communicates and coordinates the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from healthcare team members consistent with MWHC standards.
- Maintains and ensures operation of equipment by setting up, cleaning, sterilizing, completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Provides education and training to patients and family members.
- Ensures the safety of patients and Associates by adhering to hospital and departmental policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Annually completes at least 12 Continuing Education Credits.
- May participate in CARE Clinical Ladder for advanced level proficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in good standing within the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist certification required within one year of hire or placement.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in respiratory therapy preferred.
- NICU experience preferred.
- ACLS, NRP healthcare provider for NICU team, STABLE for NICU Transport, required within 90 days of hire date.
- Basic and advanced life support certification as appropriate for core group work area is required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine