Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical, Full Time, various shifts
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3059
Job Department: 2001130 MWH-MCC-Medical Care
Job Posted Date: Apr 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Behavioral Health/Medical Telemetry RNs
Looking for a unit where your opinions are valued? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this 32-bed, Behavioral Health/Medical Telemetry Unit you’ll find a close knit working group where your opinions regarding teamwork, patient care, and flexible scheduling are welcomed.
Working with patients and their families, along with Case Managers, Social Workers, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Physicians, CNAs, Psychiatric Services, Security, Food and Nutrition, Biomed and EVS, you’ll find inpatient behavioral health, medical and geriatric patients seeking treatment for a wide range of medical issues, including: Acute Alcohol toxicity, Psychosis, Pneumonia, Addiction Withdrawal, Overdose, Suicidal Ideations, Diabetes, Liver Failure, Encephalopathy, Altered Mental Status, Cellulitis, DVT, and COPD
Behavioral Health/Medical Telemetry Unit is a 32 bed comprehensive adult (age 16 or older) medical care unit within the Medical Care Center. Important aspects of care as identified by the Behavioral Health/Medical Telemetry nursing staff include: management of patient with substance abuse, pain management, medication, administration, patient safety, patient/family education and proper utilization of the nursing process in planning patient care and identifying continuing care needs. Also important to the staff is the collaboration that occurs between Behavioral Health/Medical Telemetry Unit and Snowden at Fredericksburg for continuum of care for specific patients requiring follow-up care there.
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire. (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.