Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-207
Job Department: 4201650 HSP-Mary Washington Hospice
Job Posted Date: Jan 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides effective end-of-life education for the patient and/or caregiver and/or volunteers and provides direct care as appropriate.
- Shares in providing 24-hour seven-day-a-week coverage to patients and families.
- Participates on committees, special projects, and other related duties as assigned.
- Serve patients in all age groups, in home or long-term care setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Valid driver’s license and must meet MWHC Driver’s Suitability criteria
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, or geriatrics preferred. Experienced in pain and symptom management, based in current and best practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of hospice criteria and commitment to hospice philosophy of care; with demonstrated ability to advocate and teach hospice philosophy of care to other clinicians, patients and family.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.